John is currently the Market President for West Tennessee/ Arkansas/ Mississippi for Cigna. Previously, he held the role of CEO and Managing Partner of Quantum Reach, a venture capital and consulting hybrid which assists small and medium sized companies in achieving their growth objectives. He is also an executive consultant to private equity/venture capital firms across various industries. In addition, he advises companies in the healthcare sector in developing innovative strategies for new market opportunities. On the community front, he assists with several regional economic development initiatives.
As a former senior executive in the Fortune 50, he has had oversight for many P&L units, ranging up to $5.0 billion in revenue. He also had entrepreneurial responsibility for growth and the incubation of business endeavors in the $25-500M range. Past companies have included Aetna, UNUM and Rockwell Int’l (Space Shuttle Program). He is on the Board of TRMS, as well as a non-profit and two start-ups. John does for profit and social impact projects. He earned a BSME from Michigan State University and an MBA from Pepperdine University.
Senior Operating Executive: Unique Background
- Held significant Profit/Loss responsibility for a Fortune 50 corporation
- Grew Business Incubation Unit from $300M to $1.0B in revenue
- Managing a portfolio of start-ups in Tech/healthcare/sports/entertainment/retail
- Active in fostering Disruptive Strategy/Business Development consulting
- Global Fellow of IC2 Institute – Renowned incubator at the University of Texas
- Guest Instructor for Micro-Enterprise Program at Pepperdine University
- Past Leadership Advisory Board for the Taubman Medical Research Institute (U-M)
- Performs national speaking engagements on entrepreneurship and innovation
- Assists non-profits – Youth-oriented programs, STEM and resolving homelessness
- Entrepreneurial visionary focused on paradigm changing strategies